Diplomacy is a key Feature to the Civilization Series.
When does it Triggered
Once you discover another civilization. the other civilization introduces himself/herself to you. and becomes more aggressive and friendly, others are backstabbers and liars. but you can discover their hidden agendas by Espionage. and If the Player is clever enough. They can achieve diplomatic Victory
- Earning Friendship
- Can Trade Gold, Resources, Cities, Technology
- Can Convert Civics and Religion
- Can Declare War which Spoils your Relationship
- You can ask another civilization to aid you during the war
- Can form Treaties or Alliances like: Open Borders, Vassal States, Defensive Pact
Personalities in Diplomacy
Diplomacy can be worsen if....
- Have a trade embargo against the other civ
- declaring war on their friend
- declaring war against them
- You Denounce them
- Refused to help them
- Have a trade embargo against them
- Dislikes you for something....(ex. Warmongers, Sharing your Religions)
- The Civilization Leader is Annoyed or Furios
Diplomacy can gained advantage by
- Strengthen your military relationships
- Chosen your right civics
- Boosting Trade Partnership
- Regarding the other Civ as Brothers and Sisters of Faith
- Boost relationships by Treaties.
Diplomatic Victory is one of the Victory conditions to win the game. first it has three requirements:
- You need to research Electricity, Radio and Mass Media
- Must be in the Modern Era
- Build the United Nations Wonder
Then Elect and act as Secretary General and Vote.